Here are five reasons why the Grain Store has made vegetables cool.
1. Leaves are the star of Tony Conigliaro’s beautiful sweet green martinis.
2. Hay makes his buttery signature champagne smooth and velvety.
2. Veg make the perfect lighthearted vehicle for serious indulgent meats. Bruno Loubet’s corn and quinoa with a side of sticky pork belly is just divine.
3. They even dance into the desserts. Candied tomatoes here, horseradish ice-cream there. The latter divides opinions – the marmite of the frozen desserts world.
4. Veg are cheap. A breed of wallet-friendliness that will bring you 5 courses for £35.
5. They’re good for you and good for the planet, natch.
Technically that’s six. Which probably explains why the Grain Store has a queue. / Sara Lou